Hipz! = Hazriq Idrus Productionz

Monday, January 02, 2006

Retrospective 2005 - My Year of the Arts

It was a memorable 2005 for me. I called it my Year of the Arts.

As early as January, I participated in a skit for a “Tribute to Volunteers - A Project by Persatuan Persuratan Pemuda-Pemudi Melayu, 4PM” Entitled, “Volunteer, Jangan Tak Volunteer”. Played multiple roles, assisting also in the development of the script. It was held at Grand Plaza Parkroyal Hotel with Dr Yaacob Ibrahim as the Guest of Honour.

Then, I participated and acted as the Bentara Dalam (Minister of Home Affairs) in a 10-minute play presentation of the crowning of a Malay Sultan. It is a theatre segment of Rangsang Rias II – A project by Masjlis Pusat held at Taman Warisan Melayu.

In February, I was asked to host 3 NLB functions; NLB Children Community Libraries’ Staff Year-End Party at Toa Payoh Community Library, NLB Staff Party and NLB Friends of Library Appreciation Party, both at Bukit Merah Community Library.

In March, I went for a filming for Geylang Si Paku Geylang (under Communications 2000) series, a drama about the Geylang Serai. I played as the cinema ticket seller. It was informed that the drama would be televised after Geylang Serai has been torn down for re-development.

On April 2, I partnered my buddy Raydza to act in an adapted short story, Osmani Anvar, written by my uncle Rohman Munasip. The act was part of his book launch at Bedok Community Library. Two weeks later, I partnered Anwar Hadi in a hilarious skit under Teater Ekamatra’s Via V programme. It was memorable as it was my first time acting at my workplace, library@esplanade.

June was the first time I did hosting for a wedding dinner. It was Affan’s and Yani’s wedding dinner and I partnered Raydza. It was also in amidst of my rehearsals with Theatre 2000’s Villa Singa.

July. My dance debut. Danced for the first time under the song, Joget Anak Kampung. Performed at The Neptune, to celebrate Majlis Pusat’s Annual Dinner.
Along the way, some past TV programmes that I acted in were re-televised;.
Jejak Pendekar - A Documentary by Right-Angle productions, where I played in a silat sparring scene; and
Wajah Pendatang: Minang – a Docu-Drama by Communications 2000 where I played Minangkabau Boy.

In August, I was back at Victoria Theatre. A nostalgic moment for me as I last acted there in 1997. This time, I acted as Cikgu Hamid under Cik Nadiputra’s Villa Singa.

October 2005 saw me shooting for the Hari Raya Drama, 2X5 DOL by Eaglevision. Played Shamsul, I re-united with my old theatre pals, Apit (Firdaus Rahman), Hamzah Adon and Zaki Ismawee. Also, I made a new friend with Haizad, the show’s main actor. The show was telecasted on the first day of Hari Raya in November.

November was a tiring month for me as well. I had a back-to-back functions. On 26 Nov evening, I co-hosted with Hussein Saaban in NLB’s inaugaural Perjumpaan Hari Raya at Restoran Sri Kampung. The very next morning, I was at Furama Riverfront Hotel for the Kirana Seni di Aidilfitri function. For this event, I tripled up as Stage Manager, Programme Team member and also the Games Master in the games segment.

Earlier somewhere in the middle of the month, I was filming for a scene in the Hanyut Telemovie (under Screenbox Pte Ltd). It was telecasted on 25 Christmas Day.


As I thought that that I would not have any engagements in December, rezeki datang sekali lagi. I was approached by Tampines East Zone 5 RC to host their X-Mas Party at Tampines St 21. It was “scary” initially because the Guest of Honour was Mr Mah Bow Tan but as the programme moved on, it seemed fine.

Then, a last minute request by Faridah and Shaufi to host their wedding dinner function at the Zoo. It was a memorable day as it was my first time hosting a dinner function at a zoo and given the greenlight, I made sure the function turned out to be like a DnD kind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home