Hipz! = Hazriq Idrus Productionz

Sunday, June 04, 2006

It's all started with just a visit....

It's all started with just a visit to the National Library to hand over some brochures. At The Plaza, there were exhibitions panels and some performances were going on. NL was having the Reading Fiesta - in conjunction with the Read Singapore campaign, organised by the programmes dept.


As I walked in, saw my colleagues at the booth. As we looked at each other, I smiled and before I even managed to say "Hi!", Maniam said, "Ah Hazriq! Good! Good! You are here! We need you!"

(One of the storyboards)



I was shocked, blur.

Haslina went, "I'll passed you the script!"

Huh!? What script?

Ai Cheng, our Senior Director, who was sitting at the booth, said, "Come Hazriq, plenty of food here!"

Food!!?

Maniam continued, "Yeah, have your lunch first before you start, can you?"

I was totally shocked. As I found out, they actually wanted me to host the programmes segment for the rest of the afternoon, as Has had been doing it solo. I thought for a while, hhmm...why not, it's something I like to do anyway. And memberz punya pasal..okie laah...


But on one condition, I should be complementing Has, not replacing her. Has should know the content better where I would just play the supporting role.

Has said okie. She went on trying to be "emphatic" by saying," Hazriq, I know this is kind of last minute (to make you the emcee), but if you feel uncomfortable.... too bad!!" She laughed!

(The two gila2 emcees - HASlina and HAZriq)

There I went, emceeing. But the difference, this was a real impromptu thing, which I took it like a "test" on emceeing - coz emcees really need to be impromptu especially with the adlibs and all. How did I fare? Not for me to say. Only those who watched could rate it. But I enjoyed myself!.




(Interviewing one of the storyboarders)





(Michelle Martin, deejay 93.8FM - one of the Reading Ambassadors. Sharing her reading materials in one of the programme segment)





(Nurul got a hand at being co-host in a segment as well - interviewing the author of "Ini Cengkerang Kita", Noor Hasnah Adam (in red).

5 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hazriq...Syabas! Pementasan yang baik sewaktu Xpressi Getaran@Bedok. Jom lah tengok theatre WANGI JADI SAKSI akhir bulan ni di KL. Jangan lepaskan peluang!
    ~Noor Hasnah Adam

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger kampunguy said…

    Hi Hasnah!

    Baru baca your comment lah!

    Thanks! Hopefully you enjoyed the short peformance, ya?

    Atually, I did catch Wangi jadi Saksi. Went with Raydza for the opening show. Tu kes kira gamble sebab couldnt manage to buy the tickets in advance.

    What do you think of the show?

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home